The Queensland Government has just launched Round 4 of the $5 million Business Basics Grant program.
Eligible small businesses (including non-employing and micro businesses, and new and emerging businesses with less than 20 employees and a turnover of less than $300,000 for the last financial year) will be able register their interest to apply for a $5,000 grant from 9am, 24 November.
Applicants can apply for funding for grant funded activities in one of five priorities:
1. Training and coaching
2. Website build/upgrades
3. Professional business advice
4. Strategic marketing services
5. Business continuity and succession
Who can apply, and what are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible to apply for this grant, the business must:
• have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year;
• not have been approved for funding under an earlier round of Business Basics;
• have fewer than 20 employees (by headcount);
• be operating and have an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
• be registered for GST;
• have a Queensland headquarters and an operating address in the relevant funding stream;
• have owners/directors that are not undischarged bankrupt1; and be solvent.
What can I spend the grant funding on?
DESBT will fund the following eligible activities:
Priority Grant funding will ONLY BE APPROVED for the
following eligible activities
1. Training and coaching • Business development, marketing,
human resources, or business planning topics
• Training/coaching of up to 4 months in duration 2. Website build/upgrades • Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
• Adding ecommerce
• Developing new website content
3. Professional business advice • Business plans
4. Strategic marketing services • Strategic marketing plans including search
engine optimisation advice
5. Business continuity and
succession • Business continuity or succession plans
• Cybersafety training and tools
When and how can you apply?
Stage 1: Registration of Interest (ROI) opens 24 November 2022
Stage 2: Full application opens 12 December 2022 (selected ROI applicants only)
Stage 1: Registration of Interest (ROI) closes 5 December 2022
Stage 2: Full application closes 23 January 2023 (selected ROI applicants only)
Apply at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/businessbasics on the opening date and time.
If you require assistance regarding the grant please make contact a member of our team
Adrian De Vito - CPA
Clear Accounting Solutions